JOIN OUR TEAM
Convivium Urban Farmstead is a non-profit organization that was founded on the idea that many of our world’s problems stem from a lack of connection – to ourselves, our community and our environment. At Convivium, we hope to foster this connection, or reconnection to those areas of our life and we use food to do it.
Simply stated, people matter to us! Especially our employees. See below for current job openings at Convivium if you are interested in joining a passionate and innovative team of people working to improve life through food.
This is a unique opportunity to join the dynamic team of folks who help make Convivium a vibrant restaurant, event venue and community non-profit organization.
We offer a healthy, farm-to-table, cooked from scratch breakfast and lunch menu as well as on-site and off-site catering. We are looking for an experienced line cook for weekend and occasional weekday shifts. Opportunity for fast advancement, depending on experience. Availability to work weekend days is a must.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- We are looking for an individual who has a love of food and cooking for others. 2-3 years of experience in a commercial/ professional kitchen, is preferred, but we will train.
- Someone who has a sense of urgency and willingness to work hard
- Someone who is motivated and interested to learn about the food cycle (growing-cooking-preserving)
- Must be interested in scratch cooking – will train
- MUST be available to work weekends and occasional evenings. It will be a flexible and changing schedule to accommodate our event catering.
- Someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced kitchen setting as well as working independently
- Someone who can take direction and coaching well
- Prompt and reliable
- You pay attention to details!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Prepping menu items (baking experience helpful)
- Assisting with event catering
- Line cooking during regular business hours (8 am to 2 pm)
SKILLS THAT WILL MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR YOU:
- A can-do attitude
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate knife skills
- ServSafe certifications is desired, but not required.
SERVER / BARISTA
Help us improve lives through food -- one cup of coffee at a time!
We are looking for a weekday barista-server (25-30 hours a week). If you are energetic, hard-working customer-focused and want to work for an organization that is dedicated to improving people’s lives – please apply by emailing email@example.com. Experience in a food service environment is preferred. Weekend availability a must. Starting wage is $9.00 per hour plus tips.
Our Core Values
We believe the food we eat, how it is grown and prepared, and who we enjoy it with contribute to healthy, fulfilled lives.
We believe that a resilient community is built by prioritizing partnerships, creating spaces where people feel welcome, and celebrating the strengths of all members.
We believe in the pursuit of sustainability and that beyond using less, every act of reusing, recycling, and repurposing is heroic.
We believe that education is a powerful mechanism for cultivating inspiration, empowerment, and skills of self-reliance.
We believe a generous and welcoming spirit is essential to creating meaningful relationships, a successful organization, and ultimately how we change the world.