WHO WE ARE
Convivium Urban Farmstead is a non-profit urban farm, coffee shop, educational and event center located in Dubuque, Iowa.
Our mission is to create community around food and we are doing that in a variety of different ways – but primarily through our coffee shop, hosting special “pop-up” restaurants and holding classes on gardening, cooking and woodworking.
We are located in a newly refurbished building (the old Hopper’s Greenhouses) on North Jackson Street.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
– We are looking for an individual who has a love of food and cooking for others, with 2-3 years of experience in a commercial/professional kitchen.
– Someone who is motivated and interested to learn about the food cycle (growing-cooking-preserving)
– Must be interested in scratch cooking – will train
– MUST be available to work weekends and evenings. It will be a flexible and changing schedule to accommodate our event catering.
– Equally comfortable in a fast-paced kitchen setting as you are working independently to prep for catering events.
– Someone who can take direction and coaching well
– Prompt and reliable
– Details and cleanliness make you happy
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
– Prepping menu items (baking experience helpful)
– Assisting with event catering
– Line cooking during regular business hours
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
– Intermediate knife skills
– ServSafe certification is desired, but not required.
To apply, please send email introducing yourself to email@example.com.